We hit the road on Saturday, headed for the mountains.....wait, let me back up.... I will tell you about our trip later. First....let me tell you this...
FRIDAY: OPERATION PING PONG
So here's the deal....I sooooo thought I was the coolest this year with the whole secretive present buying thing. Every year Doug and I agree to not buy each other anything for Christmas, and we agree we will go out after Christmas and buy something we like mutually or individually, and EVERY year Doug goes and gets some great gift for me and sneaks it up to Cloudcroft (i.e. a laptop, a camera) and then I am left to look and feel like a big horse butt. Not this year.....no-siree, I was going to get Doug that Ping Pong table he has wanted for years, and have it all set up for him when he came home from work on Friday night (I'm not going to drag the thing to CC for God's sake!). This would be a huge surprise, as I have adamantly denied him his table for years, and he would totally not be expecting it!!!
So, I tracked down the perfect table and headed off with my wonderful neighbor, Andy (and some twine just in case) on Friday morning to pick up the table.......sounds easy enough, but by the time we got the thing home.....on the roof of the Expedition, no less....(curse you...you Sears salesman who lied and told me it would fit in my car!)...I had no time to even entertain the idea of setting it up. So I just parked all 200lbs of table in the middle of the garage for Doug to see, and hopefully not run over, when he pulled in from work.
When Doug didn't show at his usual time, I called him several times on his cell phone wondering where he was and why he was late.....let's just say the messages got less "Christmasy" as time passed. When he finally pulled into the drive, I did not even know he was home....no garage door opened....no big surprise for Doug. He just came in the front door with his hands full, said his hellos and asked me to please grab his computer bag out of his car for him. Ugh....he was ruining my plan! I mumbled something not "Christmasy" and reluctantly headed out to get his bag, when I realized the car was not out there.....in fact someone else was parked in my driveway.....someone with a HUGE red bow on the front of their car.....SURPRISE!!!!
I guess he wins again....I have been telling him a "greener" car would be nice. I love the Expedition, but 15 miles a gallon, well, sucks! I have NEVER been a mini-van momma, but I must say, this little gal is pretty cool. It has all the bells and whistles...back-up camera (now if I can just get front and side cameras Ha!), all auto doors, DVD, fold away seating....I looked at the Quest a few months back, but the one I liked was $38,000...ouch! I was good this year, but not THAT good! Apparently Santa really digs me!!!!! Watch out Suburbia!!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment