Saturday, May 17, 2008

Sweet Berry Farms

I am late in posting this, but believe it or not, I STILL have some leftover strawberries rotting in my fridge crisper. Kaelan will not let me throw away her precious, red loot.



Kaelan and I headed to Marble Falls, which is about 45 minutes away from home, for an afternoon of strawberry pickin'. The drive is actually quite nice....really curvy and green. The wildflowers were in full bloom all along the roadside and in fields surrounding the area. It reminded me a lot of driving through the mountains back home. When we arrived at the farm, Kaelan got right to work pinching and pulling strawberries from the stem.













Kaelan worked really hard, so her reward was a yummy homemade strawberry popsicle. She savored every bite and delighted in licking the sticky drippings from her arms!










After our cold treat, we headed over to the animal area and fed the donkeys and horses some strawberries (which most of the animals declined....guess they get their fill on those) and feed.






It was a great day, and I as we headed home, my well-trained wildflower hunter called for me to stop and take some pictures of her in the flowers. We just couldn't resist.










That night we had strawberry pastry puffs for dessert.....like these.

And strawberry pancakes for breakfast, and strawberry muffins the next day...and I still have strawberries in my fridge. Kaelan would not let me get rid of the last few....she is very proud of her work!