Monday, July 28, 2008

I'm going to be a mother-in-law....sort of.

Kaelan and Darian were arguing about something recently (shocking, I know)....when Kaelan addressed Darian by his full name.....you know, the way parents do when they are serious about something.

The conversation went something like this:

Kaelan: Darian William Boyd....you need to bring that toy back to me right now!

Darian: No, have the toy now. That's not my name....my name is Darian William McBrayer (he's just trying to annoy Kaelan).

K: It is not....you are Darian William Boyd and I am Kaelan Brynn McBrayer and that is what our mommy calls us because that is what they called us when we were little born babies.

D: (with a sly little grin) Nooo..... I am Darian William McBrayer. That is what my mom calls me.

K: NO DARIAN! That is not your name! You are DARIAN WILLIAM BOYD!

D: Here is your toy.....

K: Thanks! (feeling a little bad for yelling at him) Do you want to be Darian William McBrayer?

D: Naw....do you want to be Kaelan Brynn Boyd???

K: Okay!

I think he just proposed my daughter....how sweet!