Thursday, February 4, 2010

Say My Name, Say My Name.

Kaelan approached me with a look of concern and we engaged in the following conversation:


K: Mama, tell me again, what is my name in the middle?

Mom: Do you mean your middle name?

K: Yes. Yes. That is the one of which I want. (Note to self: Too many Star Wars Saturdays with dad. The Yoda talk is back.)

Mom: Really? You don't remember?

K: I kind of do, but I kind of forgot. I know! Stand up and put your hands on your hips like this (demonstration) and say my name like I am in trouble. Just say KAELAN!!!!! like that.

Mom: Okay (laughing and not getting the connection).

Mom stands and assumes the position.

Mom: KAEL.....

K: It's Brynn! It's Brynn! I knew if you said my name like I was in trouble I would remember! You always call ALL my names when I am bad. Thanks, mom!

No comments: