Friday, April 16, 2010

They're everywhere,


And all around.


But seem nowhere


When still in the ground.










But wait for the sun,

And up they will shoot.

Up from the soil.

Up from the root.


They make you smile


As if on cue.


And then you realize,


You're a wildflower too.




The same principles


Apply to us all.


We all go to the same place,


As the flowers in the fall.


-Shelby Pollack

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

These are beautiful. Good job with the camera, mom!

T said...

Awesome oictures and a perfect poem to go with them!

I like your blog so much. I found it a while ago (actually through Facebook) and it took a while before i understood I've actually met you a very long time ago (in Cloudcroft).

You've got this wonderful sense of humour and a great way with words. And such a sweet daughter!


/T