I am just not a fan of studio pictures. Too stuffy. I like taking pictures in a more natural state without the hand under the chin poses. We have a fabulous gal who agrees with this philosophy, and when it comes time for her to take our pictures, we just head out to a park and have fun. I think she does a fabulous job capturing that in our kids.
I just love Kaelan’s expressions. That girl and her moods….a roller coaster of awesomeness.
I have two shots that were my favorites. One that is just precious for so many reasons, and another that is just awful, but serves as a great memory keepsake.
We’ll go with the not so wonderful one first:
This one right here is a winner. You can see that not so sure look on my face. Let me explain. About 2 seconds after this shot, I was flat on my bum on the ground. You see, I waved off my husband’s offer to help me up on the branch because I am tough like that. What? This little jump? I can do this no problem….. I could hear Doug’s voice as I bent my legs and gave a big jump and lift with my arms. “Babe, don’t go over. Don’t go over! Babe, you are gonna go ov…..”. Sure enough, I gave a little too much oomph to the jump (not too mention the branch was slicker than snot), and I went completely over the branch and onto the ground below. I immediately jumped up and yelled out to Melissa, “You got the shot, right? Tell me you got that shot!”. She laughed so hard she almost peed herself, but sadly, as soon as she saw me going over, she stopped shooting. Look closely, you can see me hovering over the branch just a bit. Poor Kaelan! I think I grabbed a handful of her hair on the way down. Lesson learned. Let the gallant knight be gallant and take the help.
This is the other fave. Just look at that little cutie. Dad put him up on his shoulders for the hike back to the car, and when we got there he could hear him snoring. We stayed asleep up there until we took him down to load him in the car. Just precious, I tell you. We had to use baby wipes to sop up the drool on Dad’s head, but he didn’t mind.
The End
2 comments:
Oh. My. Goodness. I want to see that sleeping baby in a frame next time I come to the ranch.
gorgeous pics, sandra! is your photographer melissa kellog? these shots are gorgeous, and remind me of the work i've seen on her page (and that she did of our bug when she was very little).
Post a Comment