My Dearest Austin,
I find myself choking on sadness as I pen my farewell to you. You have been the bestest of cities and have served our family well during our short 6 1/2 years of residency. We came to you a small family of 3 with a curious blue-eyed baby girl ready to take in all the wonders of this town, and we leave a family of 4 with a new little blue-eyed wonderer ready to take on a new adventure.
Our hearts are heavy but full of gratitude for all the awesome sights, sounds, tastes and even smells (ever been on 6th street on a Saturday night?) you have given us. In no particular order, we thank you for:
* Giving us Chuy’s…particularly their jalapeno ranch dip…..thankfully, our new hometown just opened a Chuy’s. HOLLA!
* Zilker Park (we rode the train at least 50 times over the years)
*Town Lake-our adventures in kayaking/boating/swimming/running/bat watching/paddle-boarding left us with joyous memories
*Limitless races to run-5K, 10K, Half marathons and full, Austin has them all on any given weekend.
*Amaya’s-although I will argue to my death that breakfast “tacos” are indeed breakfast burritos, I will miss your yummy breakfast goodness. No matter what thy name may be.
*LiveMom Weekenders Guide-(Not to mention the LiveMom gals) I just loved glancing over the guide each week to see what fun adventures my family could go out and experience. Thanks LiveMom for making it so easy. How’s about a satellite website??? LiveMom OKC??????
*Proximity to San Antonio and all its wonders. I feel like I raised those orcas at Sea World. I know I at least paid for their food for 5 years.
*Our church. Celebration became a home away from home. We will miss all the kids we taught and the great folks who taught us. God is good!
*All our fun splash pads, and water holes, and pools and parks. We explored that place every week and STILL never hit them all.
****ABOVE ALL, WE WILL MISS OUR PEEPS!!!****
You gave us some of the most wonderful memories with the most awesomest people EVER, Austin! We leave this place knowing our home will be elsewhere, but a huge piece of our heart remains with you!
Thank you, thank you, THANK YOU!!!!
*********i love you so much****
We will be back to visit!! That is a promise!
No comments:
Post a Comment