The night we pulled into my little hometown for Christmas vacation, the town was hosting their annual Santa Land. We just had to go stop in and see old friends and let the kids visit with Mrs. and Mr. Claus for a bit.
Kaelan took care of business like a pro. She had a list (by priority) and informed Santa she would not be in OK, but to please make all deliveries to her Cloudcroft cabin.
On a side note, is that not the hottest Mrs. Claus you have ever seen? Hello, Cloudcroft? This is Austin. We would like our Mrs. Claus back. You should have seen the tattoo she was toting on her exposed shoulder. She looked like she had been working that North Pole!….. And as soon as I typed that, I realized just how bad that sounded. Seriously though, I saw A LOT of Mrs. Claus that night, and I think she made the naughty list. I should probably hit backspace. Nah. I am leaving this paragraph as is.
Once again, we tried to convince Seth to go chat with the Big Guy, but he opted to latch onto my neck and say, “No Thank You” about a thousand times.
Mrs. Claus in her cunning ways (there I go again), was able to convince him to at least come close enough to get some goods. I promise. I will stop.
After he grabbed the bag, she bent down and asked for a little hug. He did not hang around long enough to respond. He ran off the stage area and headed to the woods. I tracked him down about 5 miles deep within the forest.
Good boy. Always run from those type of girls.
While we chased down her brother, Kaelan stayed close to the bonfire and enjoyed making smores. This is something I LOVED doing back when I was a kid going to these same Santa Land events in this same little town. Back then we sang carols around the fire and took hayrides through the snow. Oh, and Mrs. Santa DIDN’T WEAR SPIKED HILLS NOR DID SHE HAVE A TONGUE PIERCING!!!
Okay, I am really done.
1 comment:
You're "after he grabbed the bag" comment took it a little too far. I don't think Mrs Claus appreciated being called a bag.
Post a Comment