Saturday, March 23, 2013

The Birthday Wish (part II)

 

The birthday wish (in all its parts) came about like this.

We were walking through the toy store a few weeks before Seth’s birthday trying to come up with a few ideas for gifts.

With Christmas just a few weeks behind us, it was hard to come up with a gadget or toy that he did not already get over the holidays.

We pointed out several cool toys, but none seemed to peak his interest.

Finally, I just asked.

“Seth, what do you want for your big boy number two birthday?”

He looked straight at me and answered.

“Ummmm…trains, water parks and hotels.”

Huh?

From that day forward, anytime you asked what he wanted, you go the same answer.

TRAINS.  WATER PARKS.   HOTELS.

I told you in the previous post of how we came through on the train wish.  We also gave a little bit of the hotel portion.  

The Boy loves staying in hotels.   Not a trait he inherited from me, but he always takes great delight in travel, only because it means HOTELS!

We stayed at a really hip new place in the Domain this last time in Austin, and the kids just loved the modern feel.  

For the record, Doug and I hated it.   Internet connections in the shower and reversible wall so you don’t have to walk all the way back to the bed to retrieve your belongings on the shelf while in the sink area??  Really? Please.

Back to the wishes.

I had little to no desire to head back to Great Wolf Lodge after having recently been there, but fulfilling the water park wish in February was going to be challenging if I did not find an indoor park.

Luckily, there is just such a place in a little town about an hour from here!

I was spared going to GWL  AND I was able to book us a hotel room right near the property.

WATER PARK.  HOTEL.       CHECK!

It was the perfect place for the kids.  Just enough big stuff for Kaelan, and small rides catered to Seth’s age.  He wore himself out, so I took him back to his beloved hotel for a nap, while dad and Kaelan kept on playing.  

DSC_0617DSC_0621DSC_0624DSC_0625

DSC_0628

It was hilarious to watch daddy and Seth under this huge water bucket.   Seth would squeal and holler with anticipation waiting for the water to drop, and then scream with joy as it fell.

DSC_0634DSC_0633

Wait for it.  Wait for it….

 

DSC_0635

WHAM!!

DSC_0636DSC_0638

Again!  Again!

That night, we went to a special little joint in Clinton , OK and had a birthday dinner. After we, along with the staff of Montana Mike’s,  sang happy birthday to him, we asked Seth if he got what he wanted for his big day.

“Yes!  Yes!”, he said nodding his head wildly.

“Tomorrow toy story (store)?”, he asked with a smile.

That stinker knows how to work us over.

No comments: