Friday, January 22, 2010

To Haddie With Love

All week I have found notes, letters, coloring pages and all other forms of artwork in every nook and cranny of our home. Kaelan has always had a knack for creativity (not to mention her dramatic talents), but lately, her creative juices have overloaded my dining room table and filled my work areas to the brim of insanity. Why the sudden burst of crayola craziness? Well, I wondered this myself after picking up what might have been the 9,945th note with the simple heading To Haddie From Kaelan. Do we even know someone named Haddie? I'd heard stories about Doug's beloved great Aunt Haddie Mae, but she passed away many, many years ago. Could this be the Haddie of Kaelan's artistic affection? Were we going to end up on some Paranormal Show on the Sci Fi Channel?


This evening, I decided to confront Kaelan and get to the bottom of this Haddie mystery. I prayed she wasn't going to tell me something about how the pictures were for Haddie and Haddie visits her each evening and she was right there in the room with us, didn't I see her? CREEEEPPPY!


The good news is, my child does not see dead people.


The great news is....she has a heart the size of the Atlantic Ocean.


The pictures are for each and every child in HAITI. She just "feels so awful about all the poor kids there", and she wants "to send a picture to make them smile". She also wants to empty all three of her piggy banks in the hopes of saving the world.


I will sleep well tonight knowing we are raising such a kind, loving little being. And I will sleep REALLY well knowing there are no ghosts of Great Aunt Haddie haunting my home.

2 comments:

Tricia said...

ahhhh - she is so awesome! thanks for sharing - I love it :D

Ann said...

what a sweetie! maybe you can convince her to share the zuzu's, too!