Monday, September 6, 2010

Oscar/Emmy/Grammy Nominee



I really wish you could have been outside the bathroom listening to this girl put on her show the day I took these pictures. She literally stood in front of the mirror for 35 minutes giving herself a bid in each category as a nominee.

There was a little singing....mostly songs she was making up on the fly about "not letting turtles die in the swimming pool because it hurts the earth". Very moving and ecologically friendly.

There was a bit of drama and mystery over a missing floatie from the pool area. "What are our choices for finding our floatie? What can be done?", she cried out to her reflection with the most concerned tears in her eyes.

Next, came the Hollywood star. Somewhere, someone has taught her the signature sunglass tip and over the shoulder model pose. I guess I am going to have to quit letting her hang out with that Paris Hilton girl. I had a feeling she was bad news.



I snuck in on another artistic moment a few days ago while she was hard at work in her "studio". She is multitalented in that she plays the recorder (and is there a more lovely sound than a recorder, I ask you?) AND the piano together. I have moved the piano to the far corners of the house because I want her to have the quiet and sound-proof area for her to work. Really. Not because the music was making me want to go lay in the middle of I35.

Photo Sharing - Video Sharing - Photo Printing

Come by for the show anytime! I can pretty much guarantee a ticket everyday!

No comments: